When your mind is stuck
Entertain your heart.
Hi everyone how are we all doing today? I hope you’ve had a restful weekend and have had enough time to reflect and are all set for the new week. As a baby blogger that I am, I write on impulse unlike most bloggers (BTW i am working on a few planned blogs for the month of February so stay tuned).
Basically working this gloomy sunday afternoon, and I login to WordPress and check for the Daily Prompt word of the day and the word of the day is ENTERTAIN and instantly I had the urge to do some writing.
Normally on a weekend, most people would go out to the movies, beach, club, bars, bowling alleys, a lover’s houses or even family and friends house to have a fun weekend. I am of the opinion that 90% of individuals don’t know how to have fun by themselves (if you think I am wrong, comment down below telling me when last you spent a whole day all by yourself).
Here are a few pointers of a wonderful time of entertainment all by yourself;
- Binge watch your favourite shows on Hulu or Netflix
- Go on a cleaning rampage; there is always that one place in your house or room that needs a little more care from you.
- Pick up your phone and play that game you’ve abandoned and also forgotten was on your phone: The Sims, Subway surf, Candy Crush e.t.c
- Go on a quest to finding new music and creating Playlists that suits all the activities in your typical day. Here are a few apps; Pandora, Spotify, Apple music.
- Go on a run or a walk with your best music playing or with no music, it’s all in your preference. I have heard that going for a run or a walk is pretty therapeutic and it helps clear your head/mind.
- Read a book; it could be a novel, article, journal or blog post like mine(shameless plug), As Rick Holland once said the world belongs to those who reads. it is also a good way to keep your mind entertained because an idle man is the devil’s workshop.
Finally, i am not a specialist most of the things i listed above are actually things i would do if i was to spend the day at home and need things to entertain myself. Spending time with family and friends and doing outdoor activities are very good for the soul,
But as Oscar wilde once said;
I think it is healthy to spend time alone.
You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person.
So comment down below; How do you spend your time alone?
Picture Credits: Picturequotes.com